Knotmania is a new 3D arcade puzzle game from 2 Think Games, a new studio based in Italy. According to the studio, Knotmania is about the exploration of an alien structure of rooms inhabited by the “Strings”. The Strings’ knots emit energy that run the structure. In order for the exploration to go on, one needs to stop the energy by unravelling the knots.The core mechanic centers around a unique gameplay mixing puzzle and arcade, where the puzzle itself is a living creature. The player needs to master his multi-touch skill for stilling the rebel Strings in order to untangle them. The setting is made by abstract geometry rooms and the 3D soundscape by Fractures Audio injects the idea of an alien environment.
What you will find:
• 76 rooms and knots each flavored with unique concept, atmosphere and music.
• Dynamic sounds effects by Fractures Audio: create a soundscape that reacts to your play.
What Knotmania does:
• Procedurally abstract geometry rooms
• Procedurally generated knots
• In-house physics simulator of knots
• AI for behaviors
• Arcade Mode: the time is limited! Use fewer moves for a better score
• Physically realistic realtime soft shadows.
• Share Progress on Social Networks: Twitter, Facebook.
• Sync progress across all your devices using iCloud
• Compete with your friends on GameCenter in three leaderboards: Score, Levels, Golden Tangle
• An Upcoming Zen Mode
Knotmania is available on the App Store today in 35 countries in Europe, North America, Australia and South Africa for just $2.99. You can download the game today! And if you are on the edge check out the official trailer below: