Katee Sackhoff, best known for her role as Starbuck in Battlestar Galactica, is returning to science fiction as a main character in the upcoming Netflix series, Another Life.
On July 9th, the actress tweeted some promotional art that revealed she will be playing the character of Commander Niko Breckinridge.
Netflix revealed the official trailer on July 11th, and it did not disappoint if you’re a sci-fi fan:
Based on the trailer, the show appears to blend some of the elements of Independence Day, The Expanse, and of course, Battlestar Galactica.
BSG fans will really love some of the easter eggs in the trailer, such as an action stations alert and FTL jump effect similar to the Galactica’s.
Another Life Trailer Review
My personal thoughts from the trailer:
- Katee Sackhoff looks great in her role
- Loved the BSG fan service
- Looks to be a nice balance of drama and character development built around the action
- Identity politics does not seem to be a recurring theme
- Blends the best elements of established science fiction franchises that preceded it
Netflix has made it clear they’re not going with large budget projects in the future, and it is apparent they’re throwing a good amount of support behind Another Life.
Time will tell, but this show seems to have the potential to be what The Expanse is for Amazon.
Another Life will premiere on July 25, 2019, and also stars Selma Blair.
What do you think science fiction fans? Will Another Life have a long life?