Pokemon Go revealed trainers across the globe can now obtain the mythical Pokemon Celebi. But it won’t be an easy task obtaining this Pokemon. Much like the previously released Mew, Celebi requires trainers to complete a number of special research tasks in order to discover and capture Celebi.
While, many trainers will have to complete the special research tasks to capture Celebi, a few lucky trainers were able to capture the Pokemon during this summer’s Pokemon Go Fest.
If you are unfamiliar with Celebi, the Pokemon first appeared in Generation II or Pokemon Silver and Gold. In those games, Celebi was the guardian of the Ilex Forest. And much like in Pokemon Go, the Pokemon was only available during special events.
This new Special Research event for Celebi, A Ripple in Time, features 8 different stages with three tasks per stage. If you’re like me and still don’t have Celebi in your Pokedex, then you might like to know what’s in store for you in this series of tasks:
Stage One of Eight
- Power up Pokemon 5 times (1000 XP)
- Battle in a raid (1000 XP)
- Battle in a Gym 2 times (1000 XP)
Rewards: 10 Poke Balls, Fast TM, Super Incubator
Stage Two of Eight
- Make 3 new friends (1500 XP)
- Evolve an evolved Grass-Type Pokemon (1500 XP)
- Catch a Pokemon 3 days in a row (1500 XP)
Rewards: 1500 Stardust, Sun Stone, Premium Raid Pass
Stage Three of Eight
- Reach level 25 (2000 XP)
- Use a Sun Stone to evolve Gloom or Sunkern (2000 XP)
- Hatch 9 eggs (2000 XP)
Rewards: Eevee encounter, King’s Rock, Premium Raid Pass
Stage Four of Eight
- Walk 10 KM with Eevee as your buddy to earn Candy (2500 XP)
- Evolve Eevee into Espeon during the day (2500XP)
- Send 20 Gifts to friends (2500 XP)
Rewards: Eevee encounter, 2500 Stardust, Metal Coat
Stage Five of Eight
- Walk 10 km with Eevee as your buddy to earn Candy (3000 XP)
- Evolve Eevee into Umbreon at night (3000XP)
- Trade a Pokemon (3000 XP)
Rewards: Star Piece, 15 Pinap Berries, Upgrade
Stage Six of Eight
- Visit PokeStops 7 days in a row (3500 XP)
- Use 25 Pinap Berries while catching Pokemon (3500 XP)
- Use items to evolve Pokemon 2 times (3500 XP)
Rewards: 3500 Stardust, Dragon Scale, 5 Silver Pinap Berries
Stage Seven of Eight
- Catch 40 Grass- or Psychic-type Pokemon (4000 XP)
- Earn a Gold Johto medal (4000 XP)
- Make an excellent curveball throw (4000 XP)
Rewards: Celebi encounter, 1 TM, 10 Silver Pinap Berries
Stage Eight of Eight
- Catch Celebi at end of stage 7 (3×4500XP)
Rewards: 20 Celebi candy, Super incubator, 5500 stardust
And here’s a nifty chart to help you out:
While those are the full eight research tasks that you have to complete, there are still some tricks that can help you get through these tasks.
For stages Four and Five, in order to evolve Eevee into Espeon and Umbreon you must have walked with that Eevee for 10 kilometers. If you want Espeon, you have to ensure you evolve Eevee during the daytime. If you want Umbreon you evolve Eevee at night.
You might also be wondering what the Gold Johto Medal is. In order to obtain this medal you need to have captured 70 Pokemon from the Johto region.
It’s great to see that Pokemon Go is still running strong. As we reported in June, Pokemon Go will expand even further as it will connect with the Nintendo Switch later this year. Nintendo will introduce Pokemon Let’s Go Eevee and Pikachu which will allow players to continue their journey on the console.
Do you think you have what it takes to complete all of these tasks and add the mythical Celebi to your Pokedex?
If you are playing Pokemon Go, shoot me off a friend request so we can help each other finish Stage 2! My friend number is: 0302 6210 1799. See you in game!