Attack on Titan’s Mikasa Ackerman voice actress Yui Ishikawa announced that she was leaving Sunaoka Office after 23 years at the company.
Ishikawa, who is 29 years old, joined Sunaoka through their affiliated company Himawari Theatre Group when she was 6 years old. She would join Sunaoka Office while in high school.
On her official blog, Ishikawa wrote:
“Of course, I feel lonely and scary about leaving a place like my second home. To be honest, I do not know what will happen. I will take full responsibility if anything happens. However, because I had stayed in one same place for so long, I have started thinking that I want to see one step outside of the world. That’s why I made the very important decision for me to leave Himawari.”
While Ishikawa announced she is leaving Sunaoka, she did confirm she plans to continue to pursue her career in voice acting.
She also confirmed it would be her last blog post. She had been updating the blog since July 2007. However, she does indicate she plans on setting up future communications with SNS.
Along with Attack on Titan’s Mikasa Ackerman, Ishikawa has also given voice to a number of other popular anime characters. They include:
- Violet Evergarden in Violent Evergarden (2018)
- Taira Tsukasa in Devils Line (2018)
- Aranella in Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom (2018)
- Shigure Yukimi in Seraph of the End (2015)
- Rinka in Fire Emblem: Fates (2015)
- China Kousaka in Gundam Build Fighters (2013 – 2014)
- Hinaki Shinjo in Aikatsu! (2014 -2016)
- Yu Ebina in Hanebado: The Badminton Play of Ayano Hanesaki! (2018)
Yui Ishikawa will reprise her role as Violet Evergarden in a Violet Evergarden film that is expected to premiere in January 2020.
What do you make of Yui Ishikawa’s announcement? Are there any characters you would like to see her give voice to in the future?