Uncanny X-Men Roster Revealed
Marvel Comics writer Matthew Rosenberg (Astonishing X-Men, Uncanny X-Men) revealed via Twitter his X-Men line-up starting with Uncanny X-Men #12 which is scheduled to drop this coming March. The picture posted reveals both the return of Wolverine and Cyclops as well as their handpicked squad of skull crackers!
This march, the world will meet the UNCANNY X-MEN.
Cyclops. Wolverine. Mirage. Magik. Havok. Multiple Man. Karma. Banshee. Wolfsbane. Hope. pic.twitter.com/fayA8WZbMN
— 𝙼𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚠 𝚁𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚐 (@AshcanPress) December 18, 2018
Here’s a better look:
The team consists of the following members:
- Havok (Alex Summers)- Younger brother of Scott Summers, has the ability to absorb cosmic radiation and convert it into raw plasma.
- Multiple Man (Jamie Madrox)- Detective and veteran adventurer. Mutant ability to create self-sustaining duplicates of himself.
- Magik (Illyana Rasputin)- Russain national, sibling of X-Man Colossus; has the mutant ability to create teleportation discs. Has a natural talent for magic. Sorcerer Supreme of Limbo.
- Karma (Xian Coy Manh) – An original member of the New Mutants. Can take control of another person’s mind among other psionic abilities.
- Hope Summers– First mutant born after M-Day; Mutant Messiah; adopted daughter of Cable. Mutant ability to copy other mutant powers and wield them on an Omega Level.
- Banshee (Sean Cassidy)- Once dead, now alive, former Interpol Agent, has a mutant ability to project intense sonic blasts with his voice that also enables flight.
- Mirage (Dani Moonstar)- Valkyrie of Asgard; Founding member and leader of the New Mutants, a former mutant with the ability to manifest the fears of others in the form of illusions in the real world.
- Wolfsbane (Rahne Sinclair)- Mutant metamorph with the power to transform into a werewolf-like form; former New Mutant and 2x member of X-Factor
- Warlock– New Mutant, alien, techno-organic, shapeshifter.
Including Slim and Wolvie, that’s 11-members! By far one of the largest rosters, not consisting of students I have ever seen fielded in an active X-Men book. It may be inevitable that we’ll see thinning of the ranks sooner rather than later. At first glance, there’s obviously a heavy New Mutant presence in the book. No one on the roster is what I’d consider to be fodder, so from the get-go, the stakes here are going to be high. Outside of Cyke and Wolverine, I don’t think anyone is safe. But I’d expect nothing less from a book of this magnitude.
Are there any X-Men members you wish had been included? Which X-Men member are really hoping to see shine on the new team?
Uncanny X-Men #12 debuts March 2019!