Developer Slitherine released the next DLC for Battlestar Galactica Deadlock. The new update is titled Ghost Fleet Offensive and is available for $14.99 on Steam.
Ghost Fleet Offensive adds new ships and some new features, and references some of the lore from 2012’s Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome.
Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome was a prequel to the reimagined Battlestar Galactica series. It was originally released as a web-series on Machinima.
It became a pilot for a possible series detailing the early adventures of a young Bill Adama, but the series was not picked up.
SyFy aired Blood and Chrome again in 2013 as a television movie.
The ghost fleet was a fleet of colonial ships that were hidden from the Cylons and staged for a primary strike.
BSG Deadlock’s new campaign follows the fleet going on a major offensive against the Cylons.
Here’s the official description from Steam:
“Strike from the shadows and bring the war to the toasters in the new Ghost Fleet Offensive campaign.
Lead two new ship types on the Colonial side, the Orion and the Defender, and fight against a new Cylon threat, the Medusa.
Ghost Fleet Offensive is accompanied by a major free update to Battlestar Galactica Deadlock, called the Fleet Admiral Update.”
The Fleet Admiral update, which is free to all players, adds a new difficulty level and some other interesting changes to the game.
Here’s some of the key changes for the update from the Steam page:
- Fleet Admiralty Difficulty – For the ultimate challenge against Cylon Command.
- Updated officer profiles – All new artwork for your flagship officers.
- UI enhancements – More QoL improvements to the UI, including additional information tooltips, double-click to select all ships of the same type, more squadron
groups, and more.
- Cinematics Browser – Replay any intro or outro cinematic you’ve unlocked
- Select flagship – Select the ship in any campaign fleet you want as flagship, to get the most of your officer bonuses.
- New Loading Screens – Five new gorgeous loading screens.
Another change is some new munitions for Cylon ships called cluster nukes and virus mines.
The rest of the changes are mainly balancing and bugfixes, and you can read the complete changelog here.
If you haven’t played Battlestar Galactica Deadlock yet, now is a great time to start. The core game is currently on sale this week only on Steam for $13.99.
All of the previous DLC up to Ghost Fleet Offensive is also on sale.
Until we get concrete details on Sam Esmail’s new show, this is a great way to get that Battlestar fix.
What do you think BSG fans?
Share your BSG Deadlock experience below.