Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics’ upcoming Marvel’s Avengers game had their trophy list leaked revealing a major AIM villain will show up as a beatable boss.
The game, which saw its release date delayed to September 4th back in January, will have 50 unlockable trophies.
One of those trophies includes AIM villain M.O.D.O.K. and requires you to defeat him and the Kree.
This trophy indicates that M.O.D.O.K. could be a major player in the game’s story. Early story trailers indicate that AIM will play a major antagonist in the game as Kamala Khan steals information from an AIM server. Not only that, but AIM is hunting down Inhumans like Kamala Khan. In fact, Khan believes the Avengers might have been set up by AIM.
Not only do the trophies indicate M.O.D.O.K. will play a large role in the game, but it also reveals that Captain America might not actually be dead, or at the very least he will be coming back. The original A-Day trailer implied that Captain America would perish. However, the game has heavily featured Captain America as a playable character so this isn’t too much of a surprise.
While the game also appears to be focusing on the Inhumans with Ms. Marvel and Kamala Khan appearing to be the main protagonist of the game, it’s possible they could already be hinting at the inclusion of the X-Men later down the road as there is an achievement titled “From The Ashes,” which requires you to recover the Phoenix Protocols. It’s possible this could be related to the X-Men and Jean Grey.
Here’s the full list of trophies courtesy of Exophase.
- On the Mountaintop – Reach Power Level 300 with any Hero
- Back in Business – Reach Avenger Rank 250
- Group Effort – Reach Faction Rank 25 in any faction
- Super Hero Business – Complete 10 assignments
- Team Player – Reach Hero Level 5 with five different Heroes
- Time to Shine – Reach Hero Level 50 and purchase all Skills for any Hero
- Tentative Peace – Complete one of each type of War Zone
- Gold Star Success – Complete 100 assignments
- Treasure Trove – Open 50 Cache strongboxes
- Honeycomb Hideout – Complete five Hive missions
- Former Glory – Complete the “Iconic Avengers” excursion
- Clear Skies – Complete the “Welcome to Skywatch” excursion
- To the Dark and Back Again – Complete 50 Hive missions
- Rough and Tumble – Reach a combo of 20 hits or higher
- And That’s How It’s Done – Defeat 10 or more enemies with a single Heroic ability activation
- Seeing Stars – Earn a five star rating on an objective without any team member taking damage
- Trying on Perfection – Earn a 100% rating on a mission without any team member being downed
- Holding It Down – Complete 30 War Zones on Brutal or higher difficulty
- The Best Around – Earn a 100% rating for any War Zone at Merciless difficulty
- More Important Things To Do – Complete any mission in under three minutes
- The Best Defense – Defeat any 20 different enemy types
- Old Fashioned Beat Down – Defeat any boss without any strike team member taking damage
- Prized Collection – Collect a full comic set
- Information Overload – Collect 75 intelligence files
- Wanting for Nothing – Collect 500 gear items
- Odds and Ends – Collect three Artifacts
- Savior of the People – Rescue 100 AIM prisoners
- Become Legend – Equip all Legendary or better gear with any hero
- Fundamentally Flawless – Defeat 50 enemies with Assault Heroic or Ultimate Heroic abilities
- Muahahahahaha! – Fully upgrade an Artifact
- Investing in the Future – Fully upgrade any gear item
- Shopping Spree – Purchase an item from two different faction vendors
- Breaking and Entering – Break into 30 Depots
- A Surprise Every Time – Open 100 strongboxes
- Top Priority – Complete 10 Priority faction missions
- Golden Ticket – Reach the VIP balcony
- The Adventure Begins – Escape the clutches of AIM in New York
- Lost But Not Forgotten – Discover the location of the Chimera
- A Little Bit Broken – Recruit Bruce Banner
- From the Ashes – Recover the Phoenix Protocols
- No Suit, No Problem – Recruit Tony Stark
- Patent Violation – Destroy the AIM arc reactor
- Gone To Ground – Locate the Ant Hill
- Itsy Bitsy – Recruit Black Widow
- A Novel Way to Travel – Rescue Inhumans from the research facility
- Thunderous Applause – Stop the Helicarrier from crashing into New York City
- Unparalleled View – Reach the AIM space station
- Welcome Back, Old Friend – Rescue Captain America
- Avengers Assemble! – Reunite the Avengers
- New Girl Makes Good – Defeat MODOK and the Kree
Given this is a leaked list, it’s possible these trophies could change when the game is released in September.
Crystal Dynamics announced the delay was for “additional development time focusing on fine tuning and polishing the game to the high standards our fans expect and deserve.”
Marvel’s Avengers is set to release on September 4, 2020, for the PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Google Stadia platforms.
Will you be chasing these achievements on PC or console? What do you make of these trophies?